Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours

There are so many things to be thankful for this year:

  • Family
  • Friends
  • Friends of Friends
  • Strangers
  • Strangers who are not yet Friends
  • Strangers who will never be Friends
  • Methodists
  • Snake-handlers
  • Dear gentle blog readers
  • Someone special to love....and who loves back
  • PRESIDENT-ELECT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • (ahem)....vice-president elect Joe Biden
  • 56 days, 2 hours, 5 minutes to go for President Bunnypants
  • Love
  • Peace
  • Harmony
  • Comfortable Shoes
  • Poutine
  • No local pro athletes paralyzed or garroted on the playing field thus far this year
  • The sun has not burned out just yet
  • I am not yet selling pencils on the street or moving into "Hoovervilles"
  • My sarcasm remains pointed
  • I can still rock the mic like a vandal and, also, light up a chump like a candle
  • I'm alive
  • I'm well
  • I'm happy
  • My brother
  • My mother

So, in the spirit of the season, I'm reposting my special Thanksgiving video...an appropriate clip from The Ice Storm (1997):


My warmest wishes to you and your families for a restful and happy Thanksgiving.

Now....onto the War on Christmas!

No comments: