Monday, August 20, 2007

Negligent, Bad, Bad Humanist Trying To Atone for Missed Friday YouTube Nuggets

Yeah....I know. I've been beyond derelict in keeping up with my Friday tradition. I think I'm up to two straight weeks blowing this off. Fine....here's an avalanche of YouTube goodies to quiet the rabble:


1) Traffic - John Barleycorn (live at Santa Monica, 1972)

Steve Winwood plays. You listen








2) The Rentals - Friends of P (1995)

Good god....is this song really 12 years old? Gaaak...I feel liver spots sprouting as we speak.











3) Isaac Hayes - Walk On By (1969)

Black Moses himself, before Shaft, an Oscar, Truck Turner, bankruptcy, "The Duke" in Escape From New York and of course "South Park". Hayes does to Bacharach here what Sherman did to Atlanta - he burns the mutha down. Supreme cover version of Dionne Warwick's hit.

No comments: