Friday, September 05, 2008

"You Said 'Walter Reed', Right? Well I Got Your 'Walter Reed'!"

"My friends, when I'm in house #5, which you can see behind me, I often think about putting country first..."


Just a quick note before I begin because this is too funny....some idiot at the RNC was charged with the responsibility of putting a picture up of Walter Reed Army Medical Center behind McCain during his speech...because, as you know, no Republican address is complete without draping themselves in the flag, putting on 9/11 footage as background scenery and using our troops as political props. Because, we all know, the military is Republican - well, except for those soldiers on the ground in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world that are giving to Obama by a 6-1 margin over McCain.


It turns out Captain Video went a'Googling and came up with.....a picture of Walter Reed Middle School. In North Hollywood, CA. Not even remotely related to an Army Medical Center or a place of convalescence for wounded troops.


This is incomptence we can believe in, my friends.


More to come on McCain's speech and the campaign ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And it turns out the same background was used on West Wing when Matt Santos announced his candidacy.

But basically - pretty funny.