Friday, July 06, 2007

Our music list for Wednesday Night At Sample

Based on the recommendations of a panel of two, here's our proposed set list for the next Wednesday rite (in no particular order, except sober to snozzered):

1. Rocky Horror Picture Show (OST)
- Singing "I'm Going Home" in my best Tim Curry intonation did not endear me to the lumpenproles at Founding Fathers on Thursday night....perhaps there'll be a more receptive audience at Sample








2. The Clash
- London Calling
- Combat Rock
- The Clash

3. Imogen Heap

4. Jack Johnson - that song from that monkey movie

5. John Lennon & The Plastic Ono Band

6. Johnny Cash
- At San Quentin Prison
- At Folsom Prison
- Live from Promises Rehab Center, Malibu CA














7. Paul Simon - Graceland

8. Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
9. Janis Joplin - Pearl
"Oh Lord, won't you buy me....an iPhone"

10. Annie Lennox - the covers album she did...I can't remember if it's Diva or Medusa

11. The Beatles - Abbey Road (2nd side mini-opera)

12. Green Day - American Idiot

13. U2 - we had a hard time deciding on just one, but we ended with a compromise selection....Achtung Baby

14. Wang Chung, bitches




15. Journey. Yes, Journey, bitches. This is the point in the evening when the booze took over. Don't stop believin', my ass

16. I have "Grunge mixtape" on my handwritten list and I have no clue what that's referencing. Nor do I want to know.

17. Billy Joel - "Only The Good Die Young". To be sung at maximum volume. The people next to our table looked like they wanted to crucify us upside down

18. David Bowie
- Let's Dance
- Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars

19. Cake - "I Will Survive"

20. James - "Laid"
The "she only comes when she's on top" line got quite a few stares.

21. Tenacious D. - "Fuck Her Gently"
- NOT my pick. I repeat....NOT my pick.

22. Queen
- "Bicycle Race/Fat-Bottomed Girls"
- "Highlander theme"
- "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"

24. New Order - "Blue Monday"
more to come...

1 comment:

GabsOSteel said...

i got your grunge mixtape right here! no, really, i do.