Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Day 246: United 93 Held Hostage


Okay....this is beyond the realm of ridiculous and lazy. We're entering Captain CuckooBananas territory here. I have, in my possession, the film United 93 for more than 35 weeks now. What kind of pathological behavior am I exhibiting in this sad affair? Am I so lazy that I'm using the excuse that I can't find the nifty little red Netflix envelope to return the movie to explain why I have held this DVD hostage for 8 months? Can no one explain why I just don't call/e-mail/fax/smokescreen a message to Netflix to send me another envelope? Can it be that I've forfeited 8 months and $40 in membership fees to see other, less-depressing titles?

Why haven't the good people at Netflix reached out to me? A simple message saying "Hey friend - you've been hoarding United 93 for an awful long time...what's up?" would suffice. As would "Hello? Are you OK? Did you hit your head on a coffee table, put some tissues on your massive head wound and die bleeding and blind drunk like William Holden?" Nada, nil, zilch from those robber barons at Netflix....I guess as long as the monthly debit fee comes through, they could care less about my well-being. I think they have to share at least some of the blame here.

I think I need professional help. Or a replacement Netflix envelope.

P.S. It was a tremendous film

UPDATE: Writing this post was somewhat cathartic...it released me from whatever psychic block I was having from taking action on this pathetic episode. I called Netflix and spoke to a nice gentleman who is sending me out a bonus DVD (Blades of Glory)....then, I can return both DVDs in the new mailer. Problem solved...until next month.

No comments: